well maybe it does (surely since that's the LoginContext behavior) but
error is not obvious at all.

I didn't got time to dig deeper into it but i think you are right and the
main issue is the error message which should be more explicit saying
configFile was not set and system property is missing or wrong.

wdyt?

PS: i changed of JVM version too, maybe LoginContext was modified, i didn't
check this neither.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*