On 15/08/2013 22:34, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> Hi
>
> how will it be backported?

It will be a straight copy from trunk with the minimal modifications
necessary to get it to work including:
- No Java 7 notation
- No Servlet 3.1 APIs
- Any updates to Tomcat's internals to make HTTP upgrade compatible.

> i ask because in tomee we can't provide it out of the box since we need to
> be certified against JavaEE 6 Web Profile which doesn't contain it (that's
> why we have several distribution and not only the "plus" one).
>
> If it is backported in tomcat without a spi or another pluggable solution
> we will not be able to update tomcat versions then :(

The JSR-356 implementation is already pluggable. If you don't want it,
just remove the JARs.