I'm working on implementing bugzilla 55317. It's a pretty important change
(weaving) to a pretty import class (WebappClassLoader), so it obviously needs
some unit tests. However, I need some guidance:

1) I've never gotten all the existing tests to pass on my machine. Last time I
ran them it took 45 minutes (holy crap) and about 1/3 of them failed. This is
obviously something wrong with my configuration and not with Tomcat. I'd like
to avoid running all tests for this reason and only run the particular tests
I'm working on. How would I do this? Is this even possible with Ant?

2) I'm not sure exactly how to approach testing this particular feature. It's
obviously not completely straightforward. This is weaving we're talking about,
so somehow I have to load a class and weave it to test that it's properly
woven. Suggestions on where to get started / what tools to use? As much as I
hate it, part of me is saying that functional testing is really the best course
here, in which case this is all moot.

3) I'm not even sure how to approach testing in Tomcat in general. I've seen a
lot of "unit tests" that look more like integration tests, at least according
to my training. Are there general guidelines for writing "correct" unit tests
in Tomcat, or is in generally accepted as long as it passes?

Nick