On 24.09.2013 11:58, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 09/23/2013 10:58 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Someone recently on the users list[1] had some trouble building mod_jk
>> and it turned out that the problem was a missing c++ compiler.
>>

> There is nothing in the code that would require C++.
> It's probably an extra (or copy/paste) configure requirement.

I had a quick look, but I find no indication of that in configure.in or
any of our m4 files.

I wonder how that comes into play. Maybe something autoomatically
triggered by the libtool used or by the gcc self-report.

I must admit: Currently no idea.

But Mladen is of course right: no use for gcc during make and we should
be able to remove the need from the configure script, only that I have
no idea how.

Regards,

Rainer