Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that redirector is only a draft and could have some
performance issues.

However, I have done a Test with IIS 8.0 and a simple ASP.Net Handler (.ashx)
that just writes ~625 MB of random data by writing a 327680 bytes array 2000
times to the response:

    public class Handler1 : IHttpHandler {

        public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) {
            HttpResponse response = context.Response;
            response.ContentType = "text/plain";
            response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=abc.txt");

            byte[] bytes = new byte[327680];
            for (int i = 0; i < bytes.Length; i++) {
                bytes[i] = (byte)((i * 12345 + 98237) % 255);
            }

            using (Stream sout = response.OutputStream) {
                for (int i = 0; i < 2000; i++) {
                    sout.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
                    response.Flush();
                }
            }
        }

        public bool IsReusable {
            get { return true; }
        }
    }

And I still get ~ 50% CPU usage by the IIS worker process (w3wp.exe) while the
transfer speed is about 100 MByte/s.

So it seems that the main performance problem is IIS when using managed
code/ASP.Net to write to the response, but I need to do additional testing.