Mark,

OK, thank you.

The reason I changed the metadata-complete to "false" is that otherwise with
Tomcat 7, the "EchoEndpoint" and "DrawboardEndpoint" would not be deployed so
these examples would not work. In Tomcat 8 the examples Webapp has
metadata-complete="false" so I thought it would be as simple to make the same
change in Tomcat7's example web.xml.
I guess when setting metadata-complete="true", one would have to add the two
WsConfigListeners to the web.xml, but I guess that would not fix the failures.

> Implementing a ServerEndpointConfig and letting the SCI deploy it would
> be an alternative option.

I'm sorry as I do not have enough knowledge of the various servlet specs to fix
this correctly - are you able to do it?

Thanks!

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer