> Konstantin,
>
> On 10/15/13 2:45 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> 2013/10/15 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I went to check-out the tcnative download links (they currently
>>> show 1.2.27 as the latest instead of 1.2.29) and clicked on the
>>> "You may download them from [HERE]" link for binaries. The
>>> selected mirror was "http://www.poolsaboveground.com/apache/";
>>> and I got a web site for ... above-ground pools.
>>>
>>> I tried other links (just in case maybe they don't mirror
>>> tcnative) and the links for, say, Tomcat do appear to work.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how all the mirror stuff works, but can we
>>> configure different mirrors for different downloads? Or maybe
>>> there is a misconfiguration at the mirror host and they are
>>> expecting to be serving tcnative as well.
>>>

>> They are listed on this page http://www.apache.org/mirrors/
>>
>> and appear to be a proper mirror,
>> http://www.poolsaboveground.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/

If you hit their 404 page, they redirect you to the main page of their site,

>> (In theory, behaviour of a site may depend on a client
>> properties, such as client location. I just hope that it is not
>> the case here).
>
> My initial reaction was that some company had signed-up to be a
> "mirror" with no intention of actually mirroring the code but
> instead was just trying to get some links from ASF web pages to
> their own products. It was only after trying again with the same
> mirror to fetch Tomcat (i.e. apache-tomcat-*.tar.gz) instead ot
> tcnative that I saw they were a legitimate mirror and not just an
> advertisement trap.
>
> Is there any kind of mirroring agreement that providers have to
> sign to become an ASF mirror? Redirecting to a home page for a "not
> found" condition is confusing to say the least.

https://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror

The 404 response of this mirror indicates they have an invalid
configuration. Raise an INFRA Jira ticket and they will take it up
with the mirror, removing them if they fail to fix their configuration.