It has been a while since the last 6.0.x release so I plan to tag 6.0.38
tomorrow (if all goes well). There are a couple of simple patches in the
status file that I'd like to include in the tag. Votes welcome.

In preparation for the tag, I have been running the Servlet and JSP
TCKs. There are some failures but I think it is OK to ignore them.
Before creating the tag, I wanted to see what others thought.

I have traced the root causes to the following:

1. My inability to ever configure my environment correctly to get the
API signature checks to pass. I recall I always had this issue when
running the TCK for Tomcat 6 and earlier. I have manually checked the
API and I am happy it is specification compliant.

2. If tldValidation is enabled, ServletContext.getInitParameterNames()
returns a non-empty enumeration even though the application has not set
any init parameters. I think this is OK.

3. If tldValidation is enabled, some the the JSP tests that use invalid
TLDs fail. I think this is OK.

4. If a security manager is enabled,
ServletContext.getInitParameterNames() returns a non-empty enumeration
even though the application has not set any init parameters. I think
this is OK.

As an aside, I am going to update the config for running the TCKs for
Tomcat 6 to disable tldValidation. This will address 2 & 3 above.

Mark

PS Don't forget the status file :)