Le 03/03/2014 11:21, Apache Wiki a écrit :

>   That is because each of these packages distributes the files of Tomcat
>   in different places on the disk, sets different environment variables,
>   sets different links from one directory to the other in the filesystem,
> etc..
> + Moreover, some of those packages are notably outdated.

But some people try hard to make them current ! :)

Tomcat 7.0.52 is in Debian unstable [1] and I plan to backport it to the
stable distribution which is stuck with 7.0.28 + security fixes. The
package for Tomcat 8 is ready [2] and will be uploaded once EasyMock has
been upgraded.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/tomcat7
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/tomcat8.git