> 1. Can you cite what the errors are?

An error occurred at line: [22] in the generated java file:
[C:\Work\apache-tomcat-8.0.5-src\output\test-tmp\work\Tomcat\localhost\test\org\apache\jsp\bug5nnnn\bug54242_jsp.java]

The type new Iterator(){} must implement the inherited abstract method
Iterator.forEachRemaining(Consumer)
As tested on Windows for the for foreach tag plugin and the Iterator
interface. Not a showstopper since the plugin can be disabled.

And the other:
Testcase: testJvmDecoder took 0 sec
    FAILED
Valid sequence padded from one byte to two expected:<2> but was:<1>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Valid sequence padded from one byte
to two expected:<2> but was:<1>
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.TestUtf8.doTest(TestUtf8.java:401)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.TestUtf8.testJvmDecoder(TestUtf8.java:367)

> 2. There is a number of known issues in JDK 1.8.0 itself
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/8-known-issues-2157115.html
>
> Ok.

> 3. BTW, I usually use "test.entry" property to run a single test class
> (as documented in BUILDING.txt),  though "test.name" is more capable.
>
> Well, it worked for me.

Rémy