On 12/09/2014 09:36, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Reviewing BCEL method Utility.swallowUnknownAttribute(...),  I think
> the same approach can be used for all other attributes that we ignore,
> ignoring their internal structure.
>
> That is: we know length of their data. In Attribute.readAttribute():
>
>         // Length of data in bytes
>         length = file.readInt();
>
> I have yet to verify this with specification, but it looks promising.

I did a quick test using the newly added performance test and the Jira
jars. It certainly works - no errors are reported - but there is no
noticeable performance improvement. What it does do is remove a large
chunk of code so, if your specification check confirms this is OK, I am
+1 purely based on the simplification benefits.