On 25/09/2014 14:29, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.0.14
>
>> On 9/24/14 5:07 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.0.14 release is now available for voting.
>
>> What happened to 8.0.13? I saw that tag for it, then ... ?
>
> As Mark stated in an earlier post, resigning requires unique version numbers.

For the record, the long version is:
- the Ant signing task worked on the test system
- it then failed on the live system when I tried to release 8.0.13 so I
had to do my testing of the fix on the live system
- the problem was that the live system required the files to have valid
file extensions whereas the test system did not
- my fix for this wasn't perfect and I took a couple of goes to get it right
- if it all went pear shaped before the signing happened, I could edit
the version number (to 8.0.13-dev-rnnnnnnn) and try signing 8.0.13 again
- it went wrong once after the signing (I forgot to update the download
path to point to the live system) and I simply could not (without some
serious hacking of build.xml that was not guaranteed to be repeatable)
complete the release and be sure that it was a) correct and b) repeatable
- since 8.0.13 has been signed I had to bump the version number for the
next attempt (which worked)