> On 07/10/2014 15:14, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> The following is a summary of the previous discussions and the concerns
>> raised. It is an attempt to get all the information in one place so we
>> can agree on whether or not we want to migrate to git.
>
> Given the lack of feedback on this thread, my working assumption is that
> the consensus opinion is not to migrate to git at this time.

Agreed.

The current svn+git approach is working, and I see what will be missed
and broken if we migrated to git only.

At the same time, we still need svn for the web site and binaries.

> Therefore,
> I intend to create the 9.0.x branch (using the same structure in svn as
> previously) at the same time as I create the next 8.0.x tag.

I guess that you mean to create "8.0.x" branch with "svn cp trunk
../tc8.0.x/trunk" and to start treating trunk as 9.0.x. Or did you
mean something different?

Do you have specific plans for Tomcat 9 to start diverge from Tomcat 8?

BTW, 6.0.42 release candidate is still being voted on, lacking the third vote.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko