Chris,

Thanks for the update, and I understand about the .42 tag.  I am working
with a customer that has lots of Tomcat 6 servers and will not be upgrading
anytime soon.  Since this issue and others are fixed can we go ahead and
tag .43?  I want to help out, and Tomcat 6 seems like as good of a place to
start as any, as much as I would like to work on 8.  I wrote my own patch
for the NioEndpoint class, however, after reviewing revision 1637083
(markt) I realize it is not needed.  I see the other issues in 6 that are
stalled / needing resolution, is this where I should start?

My main goal is to start contributing to this project.  I have watched the
dev list for years but have yet to contribute anything substantial.  Any
guidance is appreciated.

My other motives are slightly selfish, getting a new version of 6 pushed
with the poodle mitigation issue resolved.

Thanks again for your response Chris.

-Andrew