On 08/01/2015 17:41, MyList wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> I had posted this question a few days back and for some reason I was
> not able to get " any mails " from the list nor did I get to see my
> own post.

It is likely you were bitten by the 'feature' of Gmail that hides your
own posts.

> I then wrote directly to Jeremy and he said I should post
> to both the list.

Then that was poor advice.

> I also made a second account to subscribe to the
> dev-list just to ascertain if my mails were getting through to the
> list, hence the test mails were sent today.
>
> In no way am I trying to SPAM or treat the list in an unprofessional
> manner.

You might not be trying to spam the list but that is exactly what you
have done.

Learn to use the archives to check if messages made it.

> As things stand now I haven't got the mails you said were replied to
> this question and hence I posted this.

Again, the archives are your friend.

> If it would not be much of a bother could you please guide me as to
> how can I get the replies to my query which were posted by the users
> of the list.

The archives for the dev list are what you want:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

Personally I prefer MarkMail's search interface but tall the archives
have all the messages.

Finally, top-posting is also frowned upon.