On 12/01/2015 10:44, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Have you been able to test Tomcat with JDK 9 modular images, would
> appreciate any feedback you might have ?

I did a quick test this morning. Currently, Tomcat fails to start
because of the use of -Djava.endorsed.dirs

Once I remove that setting everything appears to be fine. Not I only did
a quick smoke test with some of the WebSocket examples.

I think we can drop the use of -Djava.endorsed.dirs by default and add
something to the docs that explains how to set it up via
setenv.[sh|bat] if appropriate for the JVM being used. I'll follow that
up in a separate thread on the Tomcat dev list.

Mark