Hello

I'm sorry that this mail is not a development issue itself, it is just a
question about Tomcat' exception handling. I was checking some mails at
Tomcat dev list and I found two interesting and contrasting responses
regarding exception handling: one is from Mark Thomas and another is from
Remy Maucherat:

Mark Thomas:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40tomcat.apache.org/msg45180.html

Remy Maucherat:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40tomcat.apache.org/msg10280.html

So, I just would like to understand why Tomcat don't care about those
generic catches patterns (catch Throwable or catch Exception) as Remmy said
in his mail, which contrasts with Mark comments. And also I would really
appreciate if anyone could give me some insights in the matter.

And lastly, I also would like to hear some comments about how frequent bugs
are reported in Tomcat mailing list and not in the Bugzilla. I know the
pattern is to use Bugzilla, but I saw some comments from Dr. Justin
Erenkrantz (from Apache team) discussing that there are a lot of important
bugs fixes only reported in Tomcat mailing list.

I would like to thank you for the time. Any response will be very important
to my research.

--
Felipe Ebert