On 08/05/2015 23:49, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>> I'd like to back-port this but before I do I'd like to hear other
>> people's views on the following?
>>
>> - Should it be back-ported to 8.0.x
>>   - Should it be enabled by default
>> - Should it be back-ported to 7.0.x
>>   - Should it be enabled by default
>> - Should it be back-ported to 6.0.x
>>   - Should it be enabled by default
>>
>> My own views are:
>> Yes/No
>> Yes/No
>> No/Not applicable
>>
> +1
>
> No for enabling it by default in 9.0.x as well.

The catalyst for work this was reading RFC 7525 [1]. That got me
thinking about similar headers.

In [1] HSTS support is a MUST and using it is a SHOULD. On that basis I
think 9.0.x should use it by default unless there is a really good
reason not to.

While the other headers are not required by any RFC (as far as I am
aware) they are good for security so again I think they should be
enabled by default unless there is a good reason not to.

Mark

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7525.txt