Hi Romain:

I need to know how to connect since what appears to be the standard way
doesn't work.  For example

WebsocketContainer container = WebsocketProvider.getWebsocketContainer();
returns null with an exception that there is no implementation class
available.  If I use the Tyrus client jar with the Tomee server  I get a
handshake incorrect message.

The next step would be Session session = container.connect(server URL);  //
don't have access to the API docs on this slow connection in the country
but that's the general idea!.

So a little tutorial on how to connect a JSE client to a Tomcat websocket
server would be in order I'm thinking -- maybe event injecting an EJB into
the ServerEndpoint or session...

Thanks for helping me with this issue.  Connecting my application(s) via
websockets would, I think, be Java desktop developer nirvana.