Hi everyone,

We keep running into PMD and formatting issues, as well as line ending issues. These are just some ideas I'd like to run by you all, but please check the line-ending doc. Whatever we decide upon needs to be applied asap.

Line Endings
-----------------
Line ending issues need to be resolved by everyone using this documentation (for your OS of choice): https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings/ - as probably 99.9% of us are GitHub users, this should be the rule.

Please feel free to add to and extend the attributes with anything that may be missing, but do not remove the basic structure of: https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/.gitattributes

Formatting
Basically, pressing CTRL+ALT+L (Reformat) should result it the same for everyone that is hacking on TomEE. This includes all project files.

The only way this is going to work is if we define a rigid guide or, even better, provide an Intellij-IDEA settings import/export file for everyone to use as a foundation.

David, as the project lead and our glorious master of all things magic, it would be great if you could provide this. I'm going to update the site a bit, so would be great to get this added as soon as possible.

Once we have this then a global reformat should be possible across the entire project base. Enabling and using @formatter:off/on should be used to protect critical sections.

Feedback welcome.

Andy.

--