In addition to TomEE 8.  I wonder if we could create a TomEE 7.1 that would be
effectively Java EE 7, Java 8 and MicroProfile.

Effectively, MP 1.0 to 1.3 is Java EE 7 on Java 8.  I did some investigation
and Wildfly for example is Java EE 7 compliant and only works on Java 8, not
Java 7, so it appears we could do it.

The "resources" argument is certainly a con, but the pros would be it would be
based on a stable codebase and people could put TomEE's MP integrations into
production ASAP.  Our Java EE 7 support is 96% compliant, our Java EE 8 support
is much further off.

Thoughts?

--
David Blevins