Hi all,

We have a problem with the integration of the Safeguard Fault Tolerance library on TomEE 8 and I need help to solve it. This is a follow up to the original email thread, from Oct 3, in the Geronimo mailing list, where we decided to do perform the override in the container side.

I need to override the starting point for the library, originally here:

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-safeguard/blob/master/safeguard-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/safeguard/impl/cdi/FailsafeExecutionManagerProvider.java

Because it's not using a managed executor service from TomEE... Like this one: "java:comp/DefaultManagedScheduledExecutorService"

I Expect to do the wiring in here .../apache-tomee/tomee/tomee-microprofile-webapp/src

Like using a @Specializes bean or something, but I think we cannot do that there. Could someone help me wire up this new bean?

I had a PR to fix this the lib itself but it was decided not to move with it. For the curious, it's here: https://github.com/apache/geronimo-safeguard/pull/2

Cheers
--