Hi folks,

Following up our initial push to have a Milestone Release of TomEE 8, I think
we need to figure out the remaining steps to a final version:

- Update MP specs to the latests and support at least MP 2.0 spec.
- Provide MP support for other TomEE flavours: Plus, Plume, etc.
- Implement Java EE Security API.

These are for me the main blockers.

I know there is a Java 9+ effort to provide TomEE with the latest Java support.
I think that is still on the early stages and nobody can say for certain how
long is that going to take, so I wouldn’t like to delay the final TomEE 8
release because of it.

Now, that doesn’t mean if need to wait a year or so for it. I know that
historically TomEE release are like big bang and it is in our hand to change it
and make it better. My point is that we can release a TomEE 9 version with Java
11 support in a few months.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Roberto