Hello Michael,

in prometheus, histograms are not represented directly like their class and
the prometheus representation is done through an endpoint and not a body
writer as per microprofile spec - can likely be enhanced but it is not
needed today since you rarely want a single metrics in the output (see
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-metrics/blob/master/geronimo-metrics-common/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/microprofile/metrics/common/prometheus/PrometheusFormatter.java#L140
for an impl)

Now, geronimo-metrics provides for you the prometheus endpoints so you
don't need to implement it on your side, did you set the system
property geronimo.metrics.jaxrs.activated=true
?

Romain Manni-Bucau