Hi,

This is the branch that contains my changes
https://github.com/doychin/tomee/tree/startup-shutdown

Full build fails only on one test in CDI embedded TCK
testRequestScopeActiveDuringWebServiceInvocation(org.jboss.cdi.tck.tests.context.request.jaxrs.RequestContextTest) Time elapsed: 0.032 s  <<< FAILURE!

The problem is with the test. Test is fixed in 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT and 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

I want to see if the build will fail again with EnvEntryTest in

arquillian-tomee-tests

I can't reproduce the failure here but I managed to crash tests when I run tests multiple times in the IDE. The problem was with registration of Thread Context listeners. After first run of all tests on the second start server is started again in the same JVM so all previously registered listeners were still there and JMSInjectionTest was failing again.

The changes I implemented will make sure there is only one thread context listener for every type of listener and all listeners that are not registered in static class initialization code are properly removed during server shutdown.

From log in the build bot regarding EnvEntryTest failure I suspect an exception that is thrown during application deployment that is consumed and never reaches to test initialization code. I think in this case app is never initialized properly and when test code tries to call the business logic it fails.

What makes me think the problem is somewhere in the initialization is this line in the log:

INFO: cleaning /home/buildslave/slave/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/build/arquillian/arquillian-tomee-tests/arquillian-tomee-jms-tests/target/arquillian-test-working-dir/0/test.ear

Test deploys

jms-env-entry.jar and log says it cleans test.ear

I don't know where thistest.ear  comes from.

In case you have ideas that could help me track the problem I'll be more then happy to continue the investigation in case my changes did not help.

This failure happens only when testing
test-tomee-remote-plus

Have a nice day