So the general gist of what I have done is:

git clone https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck
cd jakaratee-tck
export WORKSPACE=$(pwd)
export GF_BUNDLE_URL=
https://download.oracle.com/glassfish/5.0.1/nightly/latest-glassfish.zip
export GF_HOME=$WORKSPACE
export ANT_HOME=/home/jgallimore/Apps/apache-ant-1.9.13
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin/:$PATH
$WORKSPACE/docker/build_jakartaeetck.sh

You'll need to change JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME to match your environment. I'm
using Ant 1.9.13 and OpenJDK 8/Hotpsot from AdoptOpenJDK.

I don't do anything with the ts.jte file (step 2).

This is currently running on a brand new VM here, but I'm seeing plenty of
compile errors which look related to Java EE classes missing, so I'll
investigate and advise.

Jon