I could trace it to JaxRS is intercepting it and does not find a resource
resulting in the 404. While it should use the DefaultServlet
(JAXRSInInterceptor:135 the 404 is created).

It is saying in the log:

24-Jan-2019 16:10:35.803 INFO [main]
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CxfRsHttpListener.logEndpoints REST
Application: http://localhost:8080/home/                            -〉
org.apache.openejb.server.rest.InternalApplication@4d2eb4c6

Might be that this 404 fix doesn't work because it does not seem to
de-register jaxrs
https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/4ade980c56276a2ad4f2df921e12314e38e881cf#diff-359e0b6fffe2693959a884486dd38c5a

- In our case also metrics and health clashes, because the path segment
after 'home' is data defined. Would it be possible to have mp (and jax-rs)
be deployed on a (preferable) configurable sub-path? e.g.
/home/app/mp/health. Where 'app/mp' is thus the configurable part.
- I think we're getting really close, but while a few issues remain my
general gut feeling and suggestion for editions is that TomEE MP edition be
opt-out (MP active for all webapps by default - because that edition is
dedicated for MP) and for Plus/Plume it's opt-in (MP inactive by default).
While inactive, it's still great to be able to use MP libs without
extensions/filters like microprofile-config.  Then webapps can enable
specific MP endpoints as they wish.  This would be ideal in my view.

Hopefully this makes sense and is helpful feedback... really appreciate how
much you've helped with this.

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html