Added feedback on the PR, but including it here for visibility:

In LocalJMXCommand the PropertyEditorRegistry is held as a field. In other
places, this is doing PropertyEditorRegistry.registerDefaults() when
calling getValue(), which has to go an do a bunch of registration each time.

What do we think the lifecycle of a PropertyEditorRegistry should be? I did
a quick search for references, which throws up ManagedMBean,
ActiveMQ5Factory, JMSProducerImpl, and I would have thought it could be
tied to the lifecycle of the components using it in each case (i.e. - make
it a field).

Thoughts?

Jon