If we're to roll an 8.0.1 any day now, its unlikely it'll have a
MicroProfile update, as there's a number of dependencies that get pulled in
for that functionality. We can release as often as we want/can, and there's
definitely changes since 8.0.0 that we need to get released, so I wouldn't
hold up 8.0.1 for MicroProfile updates, when we can release an 8.0.2 as
soon as those changes are in.

For clarification, I don't set the roadmap for the community. For me,
Jakarta EE 8 compliance is the priority. If others wish to work on GraalVM
or other functionality in parallel, that is cool with me. An unfortunate
reality, however, is that if everything has the same priority, effectively
you have no priorities. The danger is you'll wait longer for any of it to
show up. If GraalVM native images is your priority, I would strongly
encourage you to contribute to that work.

Jon