Hi David
Thanks for your email and work you are doing.
I have a couple of questions:

into an unversioned component

Can you expand please a little bit more what are you referring to as the
Unversioned Component? Is this an in-memory process to generate the final
source for Anfora?

Does this mean that current documentation for 7.0 [1] and 7.1 [2] won't be
available anymore in the website?

In the ticket you mentioned "...Some versions are missing (primarily
examples for 7.1 and 7.0).."
The current TomEE website generator uses the TomEE branches for getting the
examples readme files [3].

[1] https://tomee.apache.org/tomee-7.0/examples/
[2] https://tomee.apache.org/tomee-7.1/examples/
[3] https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/tomee-7.0.x/examples