We fixed a specific issue by removing Xalan, but without realizing the
impact on JSTL. We'll need to fix this one way or another. There's a couple
of options:

1. Re-introduce Xalan and patch it (which seems to be the common
approach across the app servers)
2. Implement what we need with JAXP.

At the moment, I'm more in favour of (1) for 2 reasons: its more of a known
quantity (we've used it before) than implementing our thing, and secondly,
it keeps us in line with Tomcat. Our mantra has always been "Be Tomcat" -
if we went the JAXP route we're consciously doing something a little
different, and going against the idea of "Be Tomcat".

Jon