Hi Geeth,

thanks for your first contribution to TomEE. It is very much
appreciated.

The last release was in 2020 and most effort has been shifted to 8.x
and 9.x. Personally, I do not use 7.1.x in any project anymore.
Therefore, I am unable to test related binaries.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your attitude in offering help in reviewing
/ contributing. Therefore, I created / restored the CI environment for
7.1.x [1] and triggered a full build, so we get some information how
the current build looks like.

With a working CI env in place, we would need to conduct (or at least
try) some dependency updates (like Tomcat, BatchEE (maybe?), CXF
(maybe?), Johnzon (maybe?), OWB (maybe?), ActiveMQ (maybe?), MyFaces
(maybe?), Mojarra (maybe?), Jackson (maybe - used in Microprofile),
etc.) and find the latest corresponding versions supporting EE7.

Perhaps that would be a good starting point to contribute, if you have
some spare time / resources available.

Our basic contribution workflow would be:

(1) Create a Jira (e.g. for a version update)
(2) Ask on the dev@ list to be assigned
(3) Work on the issue. Ask for help / guidance if needed
(4) Create a PR.
(5) Ask for review on dev@

In addition it needs some fixes on the structure of the project itself
(SCM urls as git-wip-us went EOL a few weeks ago). If we decide to
pursue this further, I can do these (structural) changes.

If the CI is green afterwards, a potential 7.1.5 would be in a good
shape IMHO.

The (mechanical) work to conduct a release isn't that much of an effort
but requires a TomEE PMC member for some of the steps (eg. the vote,
etc.).

The list of currently resolved issues for a 7.1.5 is here: [2]

Gruß
Richard

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Tomee/job/tomee-7.1.x/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12349482