hi Thomas,

commented inline

We actually did that > https://geronimo.apache.org/microprofile/

> i always wondered about the whole EE projects and locations/structures in
> apache in general
> why is geronimo the place for specs in general?
> i always thought that combining some repos/projects in general would make
> contributions much more welcome and easier

it is generally a 50-50, to sumarrize:

pro: single location
con: too much inconsistent things at the same place

> Wouldnt it be much more self-evident if we would have something like
> https://github.com/apache/ee-specifications?
> Wouldnt it be much more easier and more inviting if we would have all
> microprofile impls in one repo? The time we even safe for all that release
> trains

Was an option but people were not that homogeneous originally so dedicated
repos was more consistent with the actual work and avoided the "all in one"
pitfall that each contributor feels rejected due to a lot of work he does
not care about happening.

> and this is my perspective as long time committer here @apache - just
> think about how overhelming this is for new possible contributors

I think a big issue is that MP is mainly an implementation in its
communication (all vendors joined to have a single impl so there is no real
"spec" as EE was before) and that since they break quite often the *API*
people started to avoid it in apps after some time where it was embraced so
I'm not 100% sure even if I agree with the reasoning from a theory point of
view