I'm not much focused on 8.x at the moment.

Shipping with a Jackson RC is fine in my opinion.
And yes it's ridiculous to have 2 JSON-B/P implementations. The thing is
that OpenAPI has a hard dependency on Jackson as opposed to be using
standard APIs where you can use any implementation.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro