Hello everyone,

This is a vote for the release of Apache TomEE 9.1.3

It contains some version upgrades (cxf, jackson, batchee) and security
backports for the recent Tomcat CVEs.

Here are the hard facts:

###############

Maven Repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1227/

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>tomee-9.1.3-rc1</id>
<name>Testing TomEE 9.1.3</name>
<url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1227/
</url>
</repository>
</repositories>

###############

Binaries & Source:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1227/tomee-9.1.3/

###############

Tag:

https://github.com/apache/tomee/releases/tag/tomee-project-9.1.3

###############

Release notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12354125

###############

Here is an adoc generated version of the changelog as well:

== Dependency upgrade

[.compact]
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4305[TOMEE-4305]
Backport fix for CVE-2024-23672 for TomEE 9.x
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4306[TOMEE-4306]
Backport fix for CVE-2024-24549 for TomEE 9.x
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4316[TOMEE-4316]
BatchEE 1.0.4
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4290[TOMEE-4290]
Jackson 2.16.2
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4304[TOMEE-4304]
cxf-core 4.0.4

== New Feature

[.compact]
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-3902[TOMEE-3902]
Introduce placeholder replacement to enable MDB activation properties
to be more customizable

== Bug

[.compact]
 - link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4295[TOMEE-4295]
tomee-embedded-maven-plugin does not register microprofile endpoints

###############

Please note:

Grype will report a vulnerability for

apache-mime4j-core  0.8.7      0.8.10    java-archive  GHSA-jw7r-rxff-
gv24  Medium

which is shaded inside of "geronimo-mail_2.1_spec-1.0.0-M1.jar".

In it's current version, the dependency is _NOT_ used inside of
geronimo mail impl, so unless you are using the shaded classes
yourself, we are not affected here.
There is also another mail thread related to mail.

For signature verification, you can check on the example script here:
https://gist.github.com/rzo1/9fb1ca0d58e1fc982d596f2a94b10b32

###############

Please VOTE

[+1] go ship it
[+0] meh, don't care
[-1] stop, there is a ${showstopper}

The VOTE is open for 72h or as long as needed.

Gruß
Richard

P.S. On a personal note: This will be the last TomEE 9.1.x release I
will be working on (no backports from my side anymore). I decided to
invest my volunteer time in TomEE 10+ only. If someone else wants to
maintain the 9.x line, I am happy to review related PRs.