Am Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2006 09:05 schrieb Kai Backman:
> On 10/4/06, Kohei Yoshida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > OTOH, when I have autoconf autogenerate the 'configure' from the
> > 'configure.in' template, it runs fine.  But of course that would
> > drastically alter the content of 'configure' from that in the
> > repository, which is of course not good for version control purposes.
>
> Running autoconf and checking in everything is exactly what you should
> do. "configure" is not a source file and is only checked into the
> repository because of convenience. It is OK if it changes radically,
> we are only interested in the changes in "configure.in". Do try to use
> a relatively new autoconf, I remember _rene_ having issues with older
> versions (?).

Old autoconfs do a suboptimal check for X, needing more stuff from X which is
needed which
especially breaks when using modular X (but that doesn't affect OOo AFAIS).

*Newer* autoconfs: DO NOT RUN ACLOCAL. IT *WILL* BREAK. It breaks pkg-config
stuff iirc,
which I didn't yet find out why, but even if I fixed that I need to look
whether it still works
with the old one.

Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  [EMAIL PROTECTED] | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73