Jan Holesovsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For those building on Win32, it might be interesting that I've extended the
> ccache [http://ccache.samba.org/] to deal with MSVC.  I've done it during our
> Novell HackWeek [http://idea.opensuse.org]; I hope you'll enjoy it as much as
> I enjoyed the hacking on that ;-)
>
> It is easy to use, instead of 'guw.exe cl.exe', you'll use 'guw.exe ccache.exe
> cl.exe' in your CXX environment variable after having sourced the
> environment.  To see the ccache statistic, use ccache -s.  You can override
> the directory where is the cache stored by exporting CCACHE_DIR="c:
> \where\you\want"  Should you find any bugs, please send me patches :-)

I don't have a patch ;-) but I wanted to report that I couldn't get it
to work, neither with MSVC2003 nor with MSVC2005 Express.

I've set $CXX and $CCACHE_DIR as described and copied the ccache.exe I
downloaded from your site into $CCACHE_DIR.

On VC2003 I got

"Execvp error.  Aborting.: No such file or directory"

and on VC2005 it was something pointing out that the compiler couldn't
be detected. Is something missing in your description?

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".