On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 10:55 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> >     I would really like to kill the meme that quality can only be achieved
> > by making fewer code changes, and by making developers' lives
> > unreasonably difficult ;-)
>
> http://www.ellak.gr/pub/synedrio/2008/presentations/day1-main/1-venema-oss-security.pdf
>
> :-)

        As in Strategy 1: "Eliminate Programmers": "Make programming a million
times harder" ;-)

        Sounds like a great strategy ;-) Particularly since we're starting from
such an example of perfection in OpenOffice (security-wise) - even
changing a single line anywhere risks catastrophically injecting the
very first security hole ;-)

        But then - is secure code an explicit goal of OpenOffice ? does it even
appear on the radar ? is it even the most useful metric of quality ?

                "Remember, buggy software **works**, even when
                 it is riddled with security holes"

        If only that was true ;-)

        Regards,

                Michael.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot