Hi,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Guido Ostkamp <ooo <at> ostkamp.fastmail.fm> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> from recent mails I noticed the <http://hg.services.openoffice.org/hg>
>> page. At the right side, there are some icons e.g. to get
>> <http://hg.services.openoffice.org/hg/DEV300/archive/tip.tar.bz2>.
>> What does this compressed tarball contain?
>> Just a snapshot of the *working tree* of the tip without history?
> Yes (and a bit metainfo like of which revision this is a snapshot). It is
> pretty much what you get by using "hg archive".
>
>> How large is that file?
> Depends of the cws and the compression algorithm. Bzip2-Tarball of DEV300:
> ca. 400MB
>
> Please also note that these downloads are not there "intentionally" - I
> guess this is just how the multirepo webinterface of hg looks like by
> default. So I wouldnt count on these links being there after the pilot
> (although
> they might as well be).

Well they are there intentionally, I wanted to get a bearing on how
useful they are. And they come for free with the hgweb webinterface. I
can imagine that we will customize the default web interface until no
one can recognize it anymore :-) but for the beginning I like it the way
it is.

> Guessing from the subject of your mail, I think you want a tarball of the
> repo with history. The most efficient way to get something like that would
> be a "hg bundle". That would be a 730MB download for DEV300 as of now. We
> probably will have such a bundle available after the pilot (ask Heiner).
> As of now, you will need to "hg clone" from
>   http://hg.services.openoffice.org/hg/DEV300
> if you do not have the repo somewhere locally (takes between 4000-7000 sec,
> so better do that overnight). Keep in mind that this download is needed only
> once per dev/dev lab/location.

Regards,
   Heiner