+1

Going to +1 this since I assisted with getting rid of some of the bundled
pieces that were blocking for RC5.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017, 12:14 Chip Senkbeil <chip.senkb...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'll go ahead and give a +1 since I've done a bit of testing using
Scala/SparkR to get this back up to speed.

Also resolved the remaining issues we had from the incubator general vote.
We're still bundling additional license information in the binary release,
but the source release no longer has the extra license info tacked onto the
LICENSE file. I've also fixed the source release such that it is no longer
dependent on being in a Git repository to be built nor does it require you
to have sbt installed.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/commit/51fa49cb5898e0c5b7824f986382436b969cabc7

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.1.0/rc6/toree-pip/apache-toree-0.1.0.tar.gz

> 3. Install Apache Toree via `pip install apache-toree-0.1.0.tar.gz`
> followed by `jupyter toree install`
>
> - You need to set a valid Apache Spark 1.6.x home, which can be done via
> `jupyter
> toree install --spark_home=/usr/local/spark`
>
> - You may need to run with `sudo` for installation permission
>
> - For all installation options, run `jupyter toree install --help-all`
>
> 4. Run a Jupyter notebook server via `jupyter notebook`
>
> - If the notebook portion of Jupyter is not installed but Jupyter is,
> you can install via `pip install notebook`
>
> 5. Create a notebook using "Apache Toree - Scala" from the dropdown under
> new
>
> - If you want other interpreter profiles than Scala, you can change the
> interpreters via `jupyter toree install --interpreters=PySpark,SQL`
>
> 6. Run Scala/Spark commands such as `sc.parallelize(1 to 100).sum()` in
the
> notebook
>
> ## Voting Instructions
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least
> 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Toree 0.1.0

regards
Marius van Niekerk