>can you give an example of what parent.config looks like when 2 ds's share
an origin and have different a different topology?

Answering because I encountered this directly, when rewriting parent.config.

For example: Suppose you have one Delivery Service:
XML_ID: foo
Type: HTPT_LIVE_NATL
Query String Handling: 1 - ignore in cache key, and pass up
Origin Server Base URL: http://foo.example.net

And another Delivery Service:
XML_ID: bar
Type: HTPT_LIVE_NATL
Query String Handling: 1 - ignore in cache key, and pass up
Origin Server Base URL: http://foo.example.net

ATS only supports unique `dest_domain` entries in parent.config. Therefore,
the parent.config generated for a server assigned to both of these Delivery
Services with either be:

dest_domain=foo.example.net port=80 go_direct=true

Or

dest_domain=foo.example.net port=80 go_direct=false qstring=consider

Right now, it's arbitrary which Perl Traffic Ops inserts, and Perl provides
no warning or error of any kind (the pending Go parent.config PR logs an
error).

Whichever is arbitrarily inserted, the resulting remaps for the other
delivery service will be wrong. Either `foo` requests will drop the query
string when they shouldn't, and go to the mid when they shouldn't; or `bar`
requests will use the query string and skip the mid when it shouldn't.

Does that make sense? The only correct solution, is to somehow prevent
different DSes having the same origin, and tell tenants they must use
CNAMEs if they need.

This isn't a bug in Traffic Control. ATS fundamentally doesn't support
multiple remap rules with the same parent FQDN with different
configurations. Hence, Traffic Control needs to prohibit that.