> - Including a warning on startup and an API constraint preventing adding
more bad data in the next 3.0.0 Release Candidate
> - Adding a database constraint immediately into master that won't be
cherry-picked into 3.0.0 but should be included in 3.1.0

+1

I understand Jonathan's objection, but at some point, we have to be able to
move forward. This is a good compromise: deprecate, then remove. That gives
people a full major version to fix their data.

I would be ideal if it were more than just a logged warning, though. Can we
add a big red banner in Traffic Portal, on the Delivery Service page for
any DS with a duplicate origin, telling users to fix it, and that they
won't be able to upgrade to the next major version until it's fixed?