yeah, maybe i overcomplicated it with my example and got it wrong.

if the CAG belongs to tenant 2 and john is the only one that belongs to
tenant 2 (sally belongs to 2.1 and linda to 2.1.1), then john is really the
only one that can modify the CAG. and since the CAG only contains DS's from
tenant 2, 2.1 or 2.2, he can modify ALL the ds's in that CAG...

so disregard what i said in my example about what sally and linda can
modify because they can't if you add tenantId to CAG.

so i think

1. add a tenantID to a CAG
2. enforce user tenancy on CAG post/put/delete
3. on post/put, ensure the tenancy of the assigned ds's are compatible with
the CAG tenant

jeremy

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 9:08 AM Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK
BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
<efrie...@cisco.com.invalid> wrote:

> Jeremy-
>   Going back to your original example of the tree below.
>
> If DS baz is assigned to tenantId 2, then tenantIds 2.1, 2.1.1, 2.2 cannot
> modify baz, right?
>
> If a CAG is created also with tenantId2, then I would expect the same
> behavior- only John as part of the 2 tenant can modify that CAG.
> Similarly, this CAG could only contain DS’ that belong to our are children
> of tenant 2.
>
> This seems to match existing behavior more closely?
>
> —Eric
>
> > On May 16, 2019, at 10:43 AM, Jeremy Mitchell <mitchell...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > no, capabilities are very different than tenancy.
> >
> > capabilities dictate what you "can do" - i.e. you can modify CAG's if you
> > have the cacheassignmentgroup-write capability
> > tenancy dictates what you "can do it to". in this case, if CAG's have a
> > tenantId and you have the cacheassignmentgroup-write capability, then you
> > can ONLY modify CAG's that fall in your tenancy scope.
> >
> > although different, capabilities and tenancy work hand in hand to limit
> > what a user can do (permissions) and what they can do that to (scope).
> >
> > because CAG's have an embedded tenantable resource (delivery services),
> > this makes it a bit trickier. not only should tenancy dictate which CAG's
> > can be modified by the user, it should also dictate how those CAG's
> should
> > be modified (i.e. which delivery services can be impacted by a
> modification)
> >
> > jeremy
> >

> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 3:13 PM Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK
> > BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)

> >> Delivery Service.
> said
> >> tenant's Delivery Services?
> >> “cacheassignmentgroup-write” capability, then they can modify the
> >> assignments for any delivery services in that tenant

  • ... Jeremy Mitchell
    • ... Jeremy Mitchell
      • ... Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
        • ... Jeremy Mitchell
          • ... Fieck, Brennan
            • ... Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
              • ... Fieck, Brennan
              • ... Jeremy Mitchell
              • ... Jeremy Mitchell
              • ... Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)
              • ... Jeremy Mitchell
              • ... Rawlin Peters
              • ... Jeremy Mitchell
              • ... Chris Lemmons