Hi all,
This is with regards to the following Github issue:
https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/issues/4912

A Delivery Service(DS) will have an option of which “miss” location to use: the
default DS miss location or the national center location, configured through
“maxmind.default.override”. With the pull request for this issue, we plan to
change how the DS selects which “miss” location to use. The DS will use its own
“miss” latitude/ longitude location, and not the  default location of the
country. If the “maxmind.default.override” param is not set, then whatever gets
returned from maxmind will be used by TR to route the traffic. This will
prevent us from sending a non-trivial amount of traffic being incorrectly
routed to one cache group causing potential capacity issues.
Please feel free to reach out to me if there are concerns with this change.

Thanks,
Srijeet