With the release of APIv4 in ATCv6, should we simultaneously deprecate
APIv2 and APIv3? I think so, that'll mean we can remove them in ATCv7,
whereupon the stable API 4.0 will have existed for a full major rev, and
APIv5 will ostensibly be released (if not sooner, since we could do that
e.g. in a 6.1).

If so, we should also discuss what that will mean materially. With
endpoints that disappear between API versions we have them return
warning-level alerts that indicate they won't be available on upgrade, but
for APIv1 as a whole we didn't issue any kind of formal notice afaik, not
even a changelog entry. I think the right answer is somewhere between these
- a changelog entry and notices on the APIv2 and APIv3 reference sections
of the documentation. I don't think it's necessary to mention on each
endpoint that the entire API version is deprecated, either in the
documentation or in the API through Alerts.