honestly, i would like to see API 4.x become stable in our Q2 release. It's
been "unstable" since september 2021? Seems like we need to draw a line at
some point. things are always going to be "in progress" otherwise. imo it's
not fair to people that are coding to 4.x (to get access to new api
features) to leave it unstable for a long time. (which basically requires
them to keep an eye out for 4.x changes so they can quickly make changes if
their api consumer breaks). just my 2 cents.