Great feedback. It sounds like people are OK with making xml_id immutable
on a delivery service... but not so much about making the host header regex
at position 0 immutable (the regex that requires this format -
.*\xml-id\..*).

Just to revisit:

You create a delivery service with xml_id=foo-bar and by default you get a
host header regex in this format at position 0 - .*\xml-id\..* so you end
up with URL=edge|tr.foo-bar.cdn.domain.com

Maybe you're happy with that and life is good.

Maybe you decide you want your URL to be edge|
tr.something-else.cdn.domain.com instead.....so you need the ability to
edit the host header regex at position 0 to .*\something-else\..*

What about this? You can attach Static DNS entries to a delivery service.
Can Static DNS entries be used to accomplish this use case while leaving
.*\xml-id\..* alone? (Elsloo keyed me into that possibility)

Jeremy