> I also wonder if we shouldn't try to leverage transitioning our user
management to Postgres.

I don't understand what that means. We do use Postgres for user
management...there is a tm_user table in Postgres and a user has a role
(which will soon have capabilities). That is how users are managed and it
would be a pretty big shift to move away from that...

I think I'm fine with Rob's PR -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/pull/627

which will basically break everything if you are depending on LDAP only.
For example, if my LDAP username/pass is jeremy/password but there is no
user in the tm_user table with username=jeremy, then my authentication will
work but I will not have a pleasant experience in Traffic Ops as pretty
much every route will now result in a 404.

..but the workaround is to create a user with username=jeremy and assign me
a role..

and that's rob's intent..if you are ldap only, nothing really
works...(except a few routes)

Jeremy