While our current Widget extension provides good functionality to
allow Web 2.0 applications easy access to SCA Services, we have some
issues around browser support, JavaScript code optimization, etc. I
want to start some prototyping around this area to create some
extension points that would allow different bindings to plug it's own
version of the JavaScript Proxy used by JavaScript SCA References.
With this, we could use specialized frameworks, such as Dojo, and
leverage the strengths of such framework and it's native support for
things like json-rpc, atom, etc in the Widget Implementation.

For now, I'll try to make this optional, but once I start making
progress, we could evaluate if we want to continue maintaining our own
set of JavaScript, or we are comfortable migrating to use a spcific
framework to give us the necessary support. Also, as Dojo already have
native support for json-rpc and atom, I'll start playing with that in
my prototypes.

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende