On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some concerns over the proposed approach to use one JVM to find out
> how the SCA domain works. IMO, it might lead us to oversimplified
> assumptions.  I would rather start with two JSE standalone nodes that are
> part of an SCA domain. Using Tomcat webapp also has the risk to mix non SCA
> domain related issues into the picture.
>
> 1) One JVM running with one Node (standalone)
> 2) One JVM running with multiple Nodes (webapp or OSGi)
> 3) Multiple JVMs running 1 or 2 in the same SCA domain
>
> We already have some stories for 1 and 2. The simplest form for 3 would be
> two JVMs with each running with a standalone Node.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

I've no problem with doing both (2) and (3). Not sure we need to start
with (3) as if we can't have two nodes within the same JVM working
then (3) isn't going to be going either is it? And (2) will be much
easier to work with while debugging, and I'd worry that if we don't
try (2) till later doing just (3) may make it more complicated than
necessary to do (2). Also, part of the point of the tomcat approach is
to end up with something interesting for a release. If we end up with
just a testcase showing two standalone JVMs in a domain its not really
all that exciting, whereas having an SCA enabled Tomcat that supports
dynamic installation and update of contributions seems pretty cool and
useful to me.

How about we try both (2) and (3) in parallel?

   ...ant